A solo MC, member of Bored Stiff and CEO of Solidarty Records, Equipto has become a legend in the SF Bay area. He has a large discography and has recorded music with Andre Nikatina, E-40, Turf Talk and his main man “Soul Of the City” Mike Marshall, just to name a few!
Check out this Track “I Drink Frenet” Ft. Mike Marshall
Here is a video of a track off his latest album Ilyich. The Track is called “Push & Pull”
I caught this live performance of “Heart & Soul” at Club 6. This song is also of the Ilyich album and features Mike Marshall!
Good stuff! Every time I see this guy live the show is tight!
Come on Queezy, give us some answers!
1. Why Hip Hop?
Because it seemed like my generation of music for me to grow up in. My father was a DJ and bought me Run DMC’s first album for Christmas when I was 10 years old and it changed my life.
2. What is your most memorable moment in your hip hop life?
Watching LL Cool J perform Whoodini coming out the pyramid, and Public Enemy and Run-DMC performing at the Oakland Coliseum.
3. What is on your playlist right now that we should be listening to and why?
Nina Simone because her voice is pretty, her message is strong, and it seems like I feel the type of person she is through her music.
4. Do you have any skills in the kitchen? If yes, whats your signature dish, if no why the hell not?
No, my signature dish is cereal. I might be able to make some spaghetti. I never took the time to learn, every female I ever had in my life cooked for me.
5. Can you rap the answer to this question?
(I don’t understand what question.)
6. What is the #1 Junk Food you just can’t ever refuse?
McDonald’s fries and apple pies.
7. If you had $100k Drop in your lap right now what would you do with it?
I would try to start a small youth center and provide equipment and activities that would have to do with the hip hop culture and surviving/getting away from the streets. And I’d probably invest some into the United Playaz.
8. What is #1 on your list of venues that you want to perform at and why?
I’d like to perform at The Fillmore because I’m from The City and that’s where all the big acts perform and it would be meaningful to me.
Bonus Question: After tasting it for the first time, do you like GreenLight Jerky?
Yes, I love it. I’m not usually into beef jerky that much but I like the flavors.
Thanks for playing Equipto! Grab some GreenLight Jerky today.